These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) constitute the entire understanding and agreement between the Client and Galina Couture relating to the Bridal Gown purchase or alterations described on the invoice (the “Services”) and this supersedes and replaces any and all prior agreements, whether written or oral, that may exist between them with respect thereto. These Terms may be amended only in a writing signed by both the Client and Galina Couture.
Credit Card Payments
All credit card payments will be charged an additional 2.5% on top of the total price to cover transaction fees (this does not apply to debit card or cash payments).
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event of the wedding being postponed or cancelled for any reason, the balance must be paid in full and the goods collected as explained herein.
We require the balance to be paid in full within 7 days after purchase, and it must be paid before any fittings can take place. All accounts must be paid in full before any Bridal Gowns can be removed from the premises or collected from Galina Couture.
ALL SALES are FINAL. No refunds, exchanges, returns or cancellations are permitted once an order is placed with Galina Couture by Client for Services.
• All accounts must be paid in FULL before a Client’s Bridal Gown can be removed from the premises or collected from Galina Couture
• If the Client is unable to pick up the Client’s Bridal Gown, it is the Client’s responsibility to notify Galina Couture and provide the name of the person who is
authorised to do so
• Once Bridal Gowns are removed from the premises or collected from Galina Couture, Client assumes full responsibility for any loss or damage to such Bridal Gowns
• If the Client fails to schedule and appear for a fitting or otherwise pick up Client’s Bridal Gowns within the time period set forth herein, a twenty-five pound (£25.00)
per week fee will be charged and billed to the Client, in addition to any other rights and remedies Galina Couture may have at law or hereunder
Acceptance; Galina Couture will begin to perform the Services only upon receiving full payment from Client for the Services.
Fittings are arranged by appointment, Monday-Friday between 10am and 17.30pm;
• It is crucial that the correct bra and heel height are brought to all fittings failure to do so may lead to an ill-fitted Bridal Gown or cancelled appointment
• Dress adjustments are done over two fittings;
• Any measurements set forth on the invoice shall be conclusive evidence of the Client’s measurements at the time of the first fitting
• If the Services include any further Design Changes or alterations, after this initial request, will be subject to additional charges
• In the event of any extreme weight loss/gain, additional charges will be incurred
• Late night and weekend fittings - £25 extra charge
• Home visit and fittings - £40 per visit
Unless further alterations are required, the Client shall remove its Bridal Gowns from the Galina Couture immediately upon completion of the second fitting. If further alterations are made, The Client agrees to pay for these and collect as agreed at the design fitting.
Standard alterations start from £100-£300 here at GC, or £300-£400 for heavily beaded Bridal Gowns. Standard alterations cover the following where required;
• Raising of hemline
• Raising at shoulders
• Fitting of bra/cup support
• Taking in at side seams or back zip
• Addition of a bustle for the evening
Bridal dress alterations are a lengthy and time consuming process that requires a great deal of skill. Therefore it is very important to note that only one fitting will
be allowed for a standard alteration. It is imperative that you are happy with your shape at your first fitting which usually takes place 4-6weeks before your
wedding. If more weight is lost and the dress needs taking in again, you will need to pay for the further alterations, at cost of £40p/h.
Anything that goes above and beyond our standard alterations is considered a design change. We gladly make these amendments for you but these changes are not included in the set fee. Examples of what might be considered a design change include but are not limited to:
• Reducing/removing the train
• Adding a train or extra layers
• Changing the neckline
• Adding or removing a belt
• Extra beading
• Shortening or adding sleeves
• Changing the shape of the skirt
If you require a design changes to your Bridal Gown, we will give you a guide price at your first fitting. The final cost may be slightly more or slightly less than has been estimated depending on how many hours it takes to do the work. We will also agree a collection day at this fitting.
Any alterations requested, whether additional or for the first time, will be charged a rush fee if requested within thirty days of the Client’s wear date. The rush fee for Bridal Gowns is one hundred pounds (£100), and the rush fee for non-Bridal Gowns is fifty pounds (£50.00).
Opting out of the alterations package:
• It is your responsibility to find a seamstress/tailor to alter the Galina Couture Bridal Gown
• Galina Couture accepts no responsibility for the condition or fit of the Bridal Gown once it has been collected or delivered to you
• Galina Couture accepts no responsibility for any Bridal Gown once it has left the premises
• Galina Couture accepts no responsibility for a dress not fitting due to extreme weight loss or gain, pregnancy or other circumstances beyond our control. If there
are any discrepancies regarding the size when the Bridal Gown arrives we will require you to be re-measured to ensure that your size has not changed since
ordering/purchasing the dress. If the new dress is required it will be added to your balance at the full retail price plus any surcharges
• If buying a dress or SAMPLE DRESS, the Bridal Gown must be paid in full and can only be taken once monies are cleared. Galina Couture is not responsible for the
cleaning of a sample Bridal Gown. Alterations are not included and sample dresses are not refundable. Opting for a sample dress, you take full responsibility for
imperfections on the dress, alterations and dry cleaning
• It is very important to discuss any faults, dissatisfaction or concerns at your fitting and before purchasing any Sample Dress. Once you pay your final balance you
agree to satisfaction of your dress. Slight variations in fabric and colour, texture and trim can be possible
Acceptance of and satisfaction with the Services shall automatically be deemed to have occurred upon the earlier of: Client signing a delivery slip or collection of the Bridal Gown from Galina Couture by either the Client or Client’s representative. Any dissatisfaction must be addressed during your fittings, or directly with Galina Couture, communication is key and we will do our very best to help you achieve the best results for your big day.
All matters discussed during fittings with either Galina or Galina Couture staff members are strictly Private and Confidential. All information shared regarding your dress and measurements is solely used to perfect your Bridal Gown. It is very important that you understand we will always do our best, not all bodies are symmetrical and therefore we have to adjust your dress to your body and not just to the measurements. If this is something you want us to explain in greater details, please feel free to ask us at your fitting.
• Galina Couture Bridal Gowns with the alterations package, will receive a complimentary final steam
• Galina Couture is not responsible for the cleaning of a sample sale Bridal Gowns
• Galina Couture is not responsible for the cleaning of Bridal Gowns that have already been collected and received alterations or adjustments from a third party
Client acknowledges Galina Couture makes no guarantee as to the fit of any bridal gowns before or after services are performed. Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, all services are provided as-is, and Galina Couture hereby disclaims any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will Galina Couture be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential, exemplary, or similar damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of use, pain and suffering or mental anguish, related to or arising out of the services. In no event will Galina Couture be liable for any direct damages, related to or arising out of the services in excess of the price paid by Client for the service which is the subject of the claim.
Any delay or failure in the performance by Galina Couture shall be excused if and to the extent caused by the occurrence of a Force Majeure. Force Majeure shall mean a cause or event that is not reasonably caused by or under the control of Galina Couture, including acts of God, fires, floods, explosions, riots, wars, hurricane, terrorism, vandalism, governmental acts, injunctions, strikes, and errors or omissions of a manufacturer or its distributor.
The failure of either party to enforce any right granted hereunder or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of further breaches. Invalidation of any of the provisions contained herein, or the application of such invalidation thereof to any person, by legislation, judgment or court orders shall in no way affect any of the other provisions hereof or the application thereof to any other person, and the same shall remain in full force and effect, unless enforcement as so modified would be unreasonable or grossly inequitable under all the circumstances or would frustrate the purposes here.